What are the treatment options for fungal infections?

Since many fungal infections are caused by commonplace fungi, it is difficult to both treat a fungal infection and prevent it from coming back. Superficial fungal infections are most commonly treated with a cream, but may require some sort of pill. Deep tissue or systemic fungal infections require oral medications. In extreme cases, your doctor may administer medication through an IV for faster treatment and recovery.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How long does it take to cure fungal infections?
The duration of treatment for fungal infections depends on whether it is a superficial fungal infect...
How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
What is aspergillosis?
Aspergillosis is an infectious fungal disease that occurs most often in the skin, ears, nasal sinuse...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot