How can I prevent my child from ringworm?

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics

It is quite hard to prevent children from getting ringworm. You can do everything right like avoiding other kids with ringworm, not sharing personal items with other children and keeping their feet and scalp dry, but your kids may still get ringworm. Do the best you can and do not beat yourself up if it happens anyway.

To help prevent ringworm, have your child:

• Keep his skin, hair and feet clean and dry
  • Wear sandals or shoes at gyms, lockers, and pools
  • Avoid touching pets with bald spots

Also, teach your child not to share clothing, towels, hairbrushes, combs, headgear, or other personal care items. Such items should be thoroughly cleaned well and dried after use

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

What is aspergillosis?
Aspergillosis is an infectious fungal disease that occurs most often in the skin, ears, nasal sinuse...
How long does it take to cure fungal infections?
The duration of treatment for fungal infections depends on whether it is a superficial fungal infect...
How do other illnesses affect fungal infections?
Fungal infections are many times encouraged by different illnesses that allow for a weakened immune ...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot