Is there a cure for fungal infections?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Fungal infections can be cured. However, since many fungal infections are caused by commonplace fungi, it can be difficult to prevent it from coming back. There are several medications you can take to help the infection including creams, pills, and IV medications. Besides medicinal treatment, fungal infections can be helped by using clean, dry, cotton clothing and making sure that you do not share any items that might be infected.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
How does my location affect fungal infections?
Certain fungi are specific to a given location and, thus, the type of fungal infection you devel...
How are yeast and hyphae related to fungal infections?
Yeast and hyphae refer to two different types of fungi. Yeast grows in a circular pattern, while hyp...
What is fungus?
A fungus is a type of organism that lives in soil, water, on plants and in the air. Mold is a common...