How is ringworm related to fungal infections?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Ringworm or tinea is considered a kind of fungal infection and it affects the hair, skin, and nails. Ringworm is another name for tinea because of the way it looks on the skin. It is arranged in a small pink circular pattern. Ringworm looks like little worms under the skin and spreads easily on the body and from person to person.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

What are deep tissue and superficial fungal infections?
A fungal infection can take two forms: a superficial fungal infection or a deep tissue fungal infe...
What is fungus?
A fungus is a type of organism that lives in soil, water, on plants and in the air. Mold is a common...
How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot