Certain fungi are specific to a given location and, thus, the type of fungal infection you develop can depend on the location you are in. For example, the fungus that causes blastomycosis is only found in the south-east and central United States. The fungus that causes coccidiomycosis, on the other hand, is found in the southwest of the United States as well as Mexico and South America. Histoplasmosis is usually found in the eastern and central United States.
- Q What is the rate of incidence for fungal infections?
- Q How are fungal infections diagnosed?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a fungal infection?
- Q What is bronchopulmonary aspergillosis?
- Q What are fungal infections?
- Q Are fungal infections contagious?