How does my location affect fungal infections?

Certain fungi are specific to a given location and, thus, the type of fungal infection you develop can depend on the location you are in. For example, the fungus that causes blastomycosis is only found in the south-east and central United States. The fungus that causes coccidiomycosis, on the other hand, is found in the southwest of the United States as well as Mexico and South America. Histoplasmosis is usually found in the eastern and central United States.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
What are deep tissue and superficial fungal infections?
A fungal infection can take two forms: a superficial fungal infection or a deep tissue fungal infe...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a fungal infection?
If you are caring for someone with a fungal infection you can help them by providing them the ca...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot