How do fungal infections affect the body?

Fungal infections occur because of exposure to a fungus when there is a weakness in the body. This weakness can result from a compromised immune system or in an individual who provides a warm, moist environment in which the fungi can grow. Inflammation, tissue damage, and, in some cases, an allergic reaction follow as a reaction of the immune system against the invading fungi. This is more of an irritation when it is a superficial fungal infection, but very serious when it affects the deep tissues and organs.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do other illnesses affect fungal infections?
Fungal infections are many times encouraged by different illnesses that allow for a weakened immune ...
How do vaginal anti-fungal suppositories interact with other medications?
No drug interactions are likely to occur with vaginal anti-fungal suppositories. However, talk to yo...
How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot