The duration of treatment for fungal infections depends on whether it is a superficial fungal infection or a deep tissue fungal infection. Superficial fungal infections can take anywhere from a few days to a few months to heal. Deep tissue fungal infection can take up to two years to treat. In persons with weakened immune systems, the treatment and management of a fungal infection may take the rest of their lives.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a fungal infection?
- Q What is fungus?
- Q How are yeast and hyphae related to fungal infections?
- Q How can cough associated with broncho-pulmonary aspergillosis be treated?
- Q What are fungal infections?
- Q Are fungal infections contagious?