Should I let my doctor know I’m using vaginal anti-fungal cream?

Even though it is available over-the-counter, you should talk to your doctor about using vaginal anti-fungal cream. Several conditions can materialize, like a bacteral infection, so it is important to have the correct diagnosis before treatment. Depending on your situation, your doctor may wish to recommend a specific treatment option.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do fungal infections affect the body?
Fungal infections occur because of exposure to a fungus when there is a weakness in the body. This w...
What is fungus?
A fungus is a type of organism that lives in soil, water, on plants and in the air. Mold is a common...
How are yeast and hyphae related to fungal infections?
Yeast and hyphae refer to two different types of fungi. Yeast grows in a circular pattern, while hyp...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot