Medications help to treat fungal infections by attacking and killing the fungus that is causing the infection. For superficial fungal infections doctors usually prescribe a cream and, in rare cases, an oral medication. For deep tissue or systemic fungal infections, doctors will usually prescribe an oral medications or, in severe cases, medications administered through an IV.
- Q What is the treatment for fungal foot infection?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for fungal infections?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a fungal infection?
- Q What is aspergillosis?
- Q How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
- Q How do fungal infections affect the body?