How can cough associated with broncho-pulmonary aspergillosis be treated?

The recommended treatment for the cough associated with broncho-pulmonary aspergillosis is steroids.  Low-dose steroids, such as prednisone, may be needed long-term to slow the progression of the pulmonary infiltrates and relieves the bronchospasms (spasms of your lungs that narrow your airways).  Talk to your physician about possibly treating the aspergillus with an antifungal medication, such as voriconazole or itraconazole.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
Are fungal infections contagious?
Certain kind of fungal infections are contagious, particularly superficial fungal infections. For th...
Is tinea considered a fungal infection?
Tinea is considered a kind of fungal infection and it affects the hair, skin, and nails. Ringworm is...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot