Could a clot in my neck be affecting my brain function?

Check your neck. It may sound crazy, but a clot in your neck can stunt your memory by preventing enough blood and oxygen from getting to your brain. At your next checkup, ask your doctor to use the other side of his stethoscope to ensure that all's clear in your carotid artery — the main one in your neck.

Continue Learning about Functions of the Nervous System

What is serotonin?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Serotonin is a hormone that is found naturally in the human brain; it is also found in the diges...
What are sensory integration issues?
Dr. Heather Wittenberg, PhDDr. Heather Wittenberg, PhD
Sensory issues in your child’s development affect many families around the world. Young children are...
What factors affect the brain's response to dopamine?
The brain's response to dopamine can be affected by diseases of the nervous system which are associa...
How does the central nervous system communicate with the body?
Dr. William B. Salt, MDDr. William B. Salt, MD
The central nervous system (CNS) is composed of the brain and the spinal cord. The central nervous s...