What is the function of the brainstem and cerebellum?

Operating at the first level, the brainstem and cerebellum control basic survival. The brainstem oversees vital functions such as heartbeat and body temperature, and the cerebellum orchestrates movement.

Continue Learning about Functions of the Brain

The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The word Mediterranean is Latin for “middle of the Earth.” The Ancient Romans gave the sea this name because it was the center of the earth as they kn...
How does a man’s brain affect the way he functions?
Men tend to have a low attention span and need more novelty (like changing the channel). They prefer...
How does the brain respond to danger?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
In the face of danger, two brain circuits become active. One circuit feeds sensory information about...
What Happens If I Don't Move Around During the Day?