Does your brain really stay active after it is decapitated?

When the head is cut off from the heart, the brain goes into a coma and starts to die. Consciousness is probably lost with a few seconds, according to experts.

Most medical experts believe that any movements in a head after decapitation is likely due to reflexive twitching of muscles, rather than deliberate, conscious, movements.

Continue Learning about Functions of the Brain

The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The word Mediterranean is Latin for “middle of the Earth.” The Ancient Romans gave the sea this name because it was the center of the earth as they kn...
What is a neurosignature?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
In his book Timeless Healing, Herbert Benson, M.D., states that every event in life is associate...
What is connectometrics?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
A branch of study called connectometrics allows researchers to see the connections between neurons i...
What Happens If I Don't Move Around During the Day?