How do skin tags affect my skin health?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Skin tags are small growths of skin that usually form on the neck, armpits, and groin areas. They're usually harmless and don't generally have to be treated. If they get irritated by rubbing against clothing or nearby skin, you may wish to have a doctor remove them. However, skin tags don't really cause any major problems as far as the health of your skin.

Continue Learning about Functions of Skin

Why is elbow skin loose?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
It is normal for elbow skin to be loose so that movement at the elbow joint can take place. This...
What is the apocrine gland?
The apocrine gland is a type of gland that is found in the skin, breast, eyelid, and ear. Apocrine g...
What are the functions of skin?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Skin is a barrier that prevents germs (pathogens) from entering your body. It is also responsible fo...
Why do I sweat so much?
There are at least three things that could be causing so much sweat. You have to make sure your thyr...