What is the role of squalane in the skin?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Squalane is a naturally occurring oil found in human skin. This fine emollient does a superb job of keeping skin protected and moisturized.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Functions of Skin

Why might I not sweat?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
You may not sweat if you have a condition called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia, a genetic disord...
How can I sweat more?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
To help get the sweating going, consider starting an exercise routine if you do not currently ha...
What is glycation?
Glycation is a natural process in which the sugar in your bloodstream attaches to proteins, forming ...
What causes chronic sweating?
If you sweat more than a sumo wrestler in the Sahara, then you may have a condition called hyper...