How can I sweat more?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
To help get the sweating going, consider starting an exercise routine if you do not currently have one. If you are not sweating during this routine, consider increasing the intensity of your workout: this could mean increasing your pace or possibly increasing the angle of incline of your cardio machine. Sometimes, working with a trainer will also help you safely find inspiration for perspiration. For those who have an exercise routine, consider adding a steam sauna for increased detoxification effect. Yoga enthusiasts may try bikram yoga, a yoga practiced in a 105 degree temperature for 90 minutes.

Continue Learning about Functions of Skin

What is the stratum corneum layer of the skin?
The stratum corneum is the outermost layer of the epidermis, also known as the skin barrier. It is o...
What do sebaceous glands do?
Sebaceous glands produce an oil called sebum, which is thought to play a role in keeping your sk...
What are eccrine sweat glands?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Our eccrine glands are considered to be our major sweat glands. When we sweat, we produce mostly wat...
How does my skin renew itself?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Some of the cells of the outer layer of your skin, the epidermis, slough off about once a week. This...