How do spinal nerves cross the bone to the rest of the body?

Long spinal nerves branch out into nerve roots that pass through openings between the bony arches in the rear part of the spine.  Watch to learn more about the spine and spinal cord.

Continue Learning about Functions of Nerves

Why do my teeth chatter when I'm cold?
Your body usually maintains a constant temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit; that's the temperatur...
Why do I sneeze when I look at the sun?
The culprit: The photic sneeze reflex, which usually causes more than one sneeze and occurs in appro...
How do nerve cells communicate?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Here is how neurons (nerve cells) communicate:An electrical signal travels down the axon.Chemical ne...
How do the nerves of your body communicate?
Amid all the moosh and goosh and squoosh that's jellied up under your skull, there's the ultimate co...