What is memory?

Memory is multidimensional. We have conscious recollection of recently encountered information. This is referred to as new learning. The immediate memory for events that have just happened is called short-term memory. Quick, or short-term, memory is in contrast to what is called long-term memory. Our brain seems to have different banks for memory, the immediate bank and the long-term bank. Memories move from the immediate bank to the long-term bank by a series of neurochemical processes in our brain.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Memory

Can a Healthy Heart Protect Against Dementia?
Becoming a little forgetful is a normal part of aging. But if someone has large memory gaps, often wanders and becomes lost, or their behavior changes...
What Are Some Reasons I Might Be Forgetful?
How Can Exercise Help Improve My Memory?
Can Rosemary and Spearmint Help with Memory?