Is it really true that we create false memories?

Our memories do play tricks on us and one of the reasons that they do is that we sometimes create false memories.

When London experienced a series of bombings on July 7, 2005, a follow-up study found that four out of 10 people have false memories of the event. They claimed to have seen nonexistent television footage.

Thinkers as ancient as Aristotle think the true value of memories is our ability to use them to predict and anticipate the future.

Continue Learning about Memory

Making Memories with Pills
Making Memories with Pills
Did I take my pills today? You may be able to answer the question with clarity if you get a little creative. Example: Take your medicine a different ...
What are benefits of doodling?
Dr. Cynthia R. Green, PhDDr. Cynthia R. Green, PhD
Research suggests that doodling may help us attend, maintain focus, and remember more effectivel...
Can storytelling benefit the brain?
Storytelling is certain to get your creative juices going and give you a great way to challenge ...
What Are Some Reasons I Might Be Forgetful?