Is there a brain exercise I can do that will improve my memory?

Majid Fotuhi, MD
Neurology
There are exercises you can do to increase the size of your hippocampus, which controls memory; cross-training different parts of your brain can help make it stronger. Watch as neurologist Majid Fotuhi, MD/PhD, shares some memory-boosting exercises.
Neal D. Barnard, MD
Psychiatry

A common memory complaint is remembering names; linking is a brain exercise you can use to link something you saw to a person's name. Watch Neal Barnard, MD, describe how the linking method uses crazy imagery to help you remember someone's name.

Gary Small, MD
Psychiatry

Neuroscientist and Alzheimer's disease expert Dr. Gary Small shares some brain exercises you can do that will improve your memory. Watch Dr. Small's video for important tips and information about brain health.

Continue Learning about Memory

Reading Something Aloud Can Help You Remember It
Good news! If you talk to yourself to help you remember things: A study shows that speaking—or singing and dancing—out loud can help improve long-term...
Can storytelling benefit the brain?
Dr. Cynthia R. Green, PhDDr. Cynthia R. Green, PhD
Storytelling is certain to get your creative juices going and give you a great way to challenge ...
How can I use gadgets to help me remember things?
Gayatri Devi, MDGayatri Devi, MD
Using gadgets to help remember things is a good strategy; outsourcing our memory to a smart phone or...
How Can I Improve My Memory?
How Can I Improve My Memory?