How can I safely use the stove and oven if I memory problems?

There are two things you can do to work safely in the kitchen, with the stove and oven, if you have memory problems. First, use a portable timer when cooking. If you must leave the kitchen while cooking, take a portable timer with you. The ding will remind you that you have something on the stove or in the oven. Second, use a timer or an alarm clock that you have to turn off, as opposed to one that rings only once, to remind yourself to turn on the oven to start dinner.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory

Making Memories with Pills
Making Memories with Pills
Did I take my pills today? You may be able to answer the question with clarity if you get a little creative. Example: Take your medicine a different ...
How can I remember the questions I want to ask my doctor?
Melissa TaylorMelissa Taylor
Create a list of questions you want to ask your doctor prior to your visit. You can write those ques...
What is cellular memory?
Friedemann SchaubFriedemann Schaub
Emotions and beliefs are stored not only in our subconscious but also in our cells. For 2,000 ye...
Can Rosemary and Spearmint Help with Memory?