How can I remember where I parked my car?

Tie a bright ribbon on your car radio antenna to help locate your car quickly in large grocery or mall parking lots. Another way to help locate your car in a parking lot is to put a colorful hat or stuffed animal on the back shelf of your car. You'll be able to distinguish your car from the others more easily.

Keep notepaper and a pen in your pocket to jot down where you parked your car. For example, write down the number of parking spaces to the main aisle. If you park in an unpaved area with few landmarks, find a tree, sign or other distinctive marker and add that to your parking notes.

Activate your car's panic button to help you locate your car in a large parking lot. A parking timer minds the meter, keeps the deadline and remembers where you parked! The device can also be used to remember appointments.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory

Can a Healthy Heart Protect Against Dementia?
Becoming a little forgetful is a normal part of aging. But if someone has large memory gaps, often wanders and becomes lost, or their behavior changes...
What are some reasons I might be forgetful?
Just because you're forgetful doesn't mean you have early Alzheimer's disease. In this video, Dr...
When can babies begin making memories?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Psychologists have found that children as young as 3 months old and as young as 6 months old can hav...
How Can I Improve My Memory?
How Can I Improve My Memory?