How can I remember library book due dates?

Many libraries now give you a small, easy-to-lose receipt instead of stamping your book with the return date. To help you remember the return date, write it on the old return slip inside the book. If your book does not have one, write the date on a sticky note and place it inside the front cover. If your receipt gets lost, you'll know when to return the books. Missed a library due date? Some libraries don't fine seniors and some waive the overdue fines for all their patrons. Inquire.

Place library books by your door when due. If you're afraid you'll forget to return library books that are due, put them on the floor in front of the door. You won't leave home without seeing the books and remembering to take them. Use the same strategy to remember to take other items when you leave.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory

A Bard Remembers Best: Memory Booster
A Bard Remembers Best: Memory Booster
How do I remember thee? Let me count the ways . . . Exercising your brain helps keep it young, and one of the best ways to work your mental muscle is...
How can I boost my memory naturally?
Gayatri Devi, MDGayatri Devi, MD
Some ways to boost your memory naturally include sleeping well, exercising, using parts of your brai...
How can I use music and audio books to improve my memory?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Listening to your favorite music can stimulate your memory and help you relax. Listening to musi...
How Does Normal Aging Affect Memory?
How Does Normal Aging Affect Memory?