How can I use music and audio books to improve my memory?

Listening to your favorite music can stimulate your memory and help you relax. Listening to music associated with a particular era (e.g., Big Band) might stir up memories of times when you first heard the music. Buy your favorite music on tape or CD, or borrow music from the library.

Listen to books on tape. Keep your mind active by listening to books on tape in your car, while working around the house or when out for a walk. For people who have lost the ability to read, consult with your local librarian about the "Talking Book Program," funded by the state and federal government at no cost to the individual.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory

How to Increase Memory and Think Better
How to Increase Memory and Think Better
Two questions: First, what if something that’s easy to do every day could increase your memory and improve your ability to do tricky tasks (you know ....
How can socializing help improve my memory?
Gayatri Devi, MDGayatri Devi, MD
Socializing is an important factor in our overall physical and mental health, but it's also key to i...
When can babies begin making memories?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Psychologists have found that children as young as 3 months old and as young as 6 months old can hav...
How Can I Make My Memory Better?
How Can I Make My Memory Better?