How can my mood affect my memory?

Kelly Traver

Mood is important for memory. When a person is depressed, his or her memory is affected until the mood is normalized. You can improve your mood with exercise, counseling, and medication when indicated.

Continue Learning about Memory

3 Ways to Prevent Memory Loss
3 Ways to Prevent Memory Loss
Willie Nelson crooned the love tune Sweet Memories. But the truth is sweets and memories don’t go together. For the 105 million North Americans who ha...
Can caffeine boost your memory?
Though there's some evidence that nicotine (in the form of a patch, not the kind you smoke) plays so...
What are bacopa supplements?
Dr. Sanam Hafeez, PsyDDr. Sanam Hafeez, PsyD
Bacopa monnieri is a nootropic herb that is touted to improve memory and cognition. Watch neuropsych...
How Can Exercise Help Improve My Memory?