How can my mood affect my memory?

Kelly Traver

Mood is important for memory. When a person is depressed, his or her memory is affected until the mood is normalized. You can improve your mood with exercise, counseling, and medication when indicated.

Continue Learning about Memory

3 Ways to Prevent Memory Loss
3 Ways to Prevent Memory Loss
Willie Nelson crooned the love tune Sweet Memories. But the truth is sweets and memories don’t go together. For the 105 million North Americans who ha...
Where are memories stored?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
There are many kinds of memory. Memory can occur in many different places, like pictures stored ...
Are memory and language connected?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Our lack of language skills when we are very young may explain why our earliest memories may remain ...
How Does DHA Affect Memory and Cognitive Function in Older Adults?