Can storytelling benefit the brain?

Storytelling is certain to get your creative juices going and give you a great way to challenge your mind in a new and different way. Research has shown that staying intellectually engaged may lower our dementia risk, so go ahead and start telling your tale.

Try starting your story with one of the following lines, or beginning with one of your own:
  • "As she walked along the narrow path, Martha came upon…"
  • "Little did I suspect that…"
  • "The noises of the night rarely disturbed Roger's sleep, yet that night…"
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Memory

Track Your Meds Better with These Memory Tricks
When you take a daily pill, it can be tough to remember if you're on schedule or thinking of yesterday's dose. So use memory tricks to jog your memory...
How can having a positive attitude help my memory?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Attitude is everything. Having a positive attitude makes you more alert and receptive to receivi...
How can I use gadgets to help me remember things?
Gayatri Devi, MDGayatri Devi, MD
Using gadgets to help remember things is a good strategy; outsourcing our memory to a smart phone or...
How Does DHA Affect Memory and Cognitive Function in Older Adults?