What are some effective and safe stretches for the neck?

The levator neck stretch and the sternocleidomastoid neck stretch are essential to creating mobility for players at any position.&nbsp; Perform each stretch for 1-2 sets of 30 seconds each for both sides.&nbsp; Keep breathing while performing the stretch and allow the range to increase gradually over time. It is so important that when you stretch your neck that you complete the stretch very slowly and cautiously.&nbsp; Avoid forcing the stretch as this could not only cause undo strain, but also make our neck muscles tighten up.&nbsp; <br />

Continue Learning about Football

What is the proper way to tackle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Proper tackling techniques include making sure that the person tackling sees what he is tackling. Al...
How can I prevent my football equipment from slowing me down?
The best piece of advice to minimize some of the affects of your equipment is to increase your t...
How do I prevent receivers from slowing down prior to the catch?
Many times speed development neglects to train the subtle nuances that occur on the field, like ...
What stretches should I do after a football game to help recovery?
To promote optimal recovery right after practice, perform these three stretches of the muscles most ...