What's a good exercise for keeping my throwing shoulder strong?

For quartbacks, sometimes less is more when it comes to throwing arm shoulder strengthening. You should perform all the following exercises with light weight and use high repetitions. These exercise will train different muscle groups throughout the shoulder and rotator cuff. This should help keep you pain free, maintain a great range of motion, and bolster your arm strength. 1.) Standing dumbbell side raise with one arm: Perform 2 sets of 20 repeitions for each arm at a very slow pace. 2.) Ball combo 1: 1-2 sets of 15-20 repetitions, deliberately separate the movements as your perform the combination exercise. 3.) Standing dumbbell diagonal raise: 2 sets for 1 minute each side. Without resting at the bottom position, perform 12-15 repetitions, going very slow.

Continue Learning about Football

How do I know if a football helmet needs more air?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If the helmet is too loose on your head and there is room for twisting, you may need a smaller s...
What's the best drill to measure the ability to fire off the ball?
In testing your ability to "fire off the ball," coaches are looking to measure explosive power witho...
What type of shoes should football kickers wear?
Football kickers choose their shoes based on a variety of factors, including turf or grass surfa...
How can I improve my receiving?
The first step is to receive a check up on our vision to see if we need any prescription assista...