What stretches should I do after a football game to help recovery?

To promote optimal recovery right after practice, perform these three stretches of the muscles most commonly used by football players: 1.) Inside thigh stretch - your groin is the connection for so many muscles that we use for lateral movement. Take care of each side by performing one set each and hold for 30 seconds. 2.) Glute stretch - The glutes are the primary power source for all of your lower body hitting, running, and jumping demands. Perform one set of 30 seconds per side to relax those prime movers. 3.) Front of thigh stretch - this stretch helps to assist recovery to indirectly alleviate low back pain - stretch for 1 set, 30 seconds each leg.

Continue Learning about Football

What is the proper way to tackle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Proper tackling techniques include making sure that the person tackling sees what he is tackling. Al...
Is there anything I can do to alleviate shoulder soreness from hitting?
Always check with a physician to ensure the shoulder soreness is not something more serious that may...
Which type of football shoulder pads should I choose?
There are two styles of football shoulder pads: cantilevered and noncantilevered. Cantilevered p...
What is most important if changing direction is the goal?
Quickening the feet prior to a sharp cut, juke, or aggressive change of direction is essential t...