What is most important if changing direction is the goal?

Quickening the feet prior to a sharp cut, juke, or aggressive change of direction is essential to high performance and keeping excess wear and tear off your joints. Observe the speed ladder-2 ins to see how this drill can teach the quick feet necessary prior to making a hard cut. At first players might have to make quite a few quick steps prior to accelerating out of a cut. As they improve, the number of quick steps prior to cutting will be reduced significantly. This, combined with keeping the hips and hands low throughout the transition portion of a re-direct, will be the best plan of attack.

Continue Learning about Football

Why do linemen wear knee braces in football?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Knee braces can be worn to protect against damage to the ligaments of the knee, or they can be w...
How can I prevent my football equipment from slowing me down?
The best piece of advice to minimize some of the affects of your equipment is to increase your t...
How do I know if a football helmet needs more air?
If the helmet is too loose on your head and there is room for twisting, you may need a smaller s...
Is lifting weights enough to prepare my body for playing football?
Lifting weights is a great start to preparing your body, however you should also add in cardio condi...