What types of football helmets lower the risk of head injuries?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Not all football helmets are created equal; some ensure a lower risk of concussion. Watch Robin Miller, MD, discuss the merits of different types of helmets and why there is always risk involved with a contact sport.

Continue Learning about Football

How can I add to the protection from football shoulder pads?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Along with wearing shoulder pads, you can add items for a little extra protection and cushion. T...
What's the best drill to measure the ability to fire off the ball?
In testing your ability to "fire off the ball," coaches are looking to measure explosive power witho...
What are good cues to teach the common athletic position?
Follow this checklist from toe to head to learn the key points to a great athletic stance that will ...
How do I get in condition for football?
Getting in condition for football is best achieved by using a progression of exercise from post-seas...