What exercises can I do to keep player's feet moving on blocks?

More important than our hands and pads, our feet guarantee success when it comes to finishing blocks. Speed ladder drills for quickness will help to teach the habit of quick feet. Integrate these quickness drills into some football skill techniques to improve a player's ability to learn and apply these principles to the field. Use a face shield and have the player engage the piece of equipment as they perform a suitable speed ladder drill. This multi-tasking drill can take each individually polished technique and force the athlete to do both with the same level of quality.   With considerable practice, the motions will become habitual and have the best chance to show up on the field. Remember, feet that stop moving while engaged in a block is a recipe for a holding penalty.

Continue Learning about Football

How can I add to the protection from football shoulder pads?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Along with wearing shoulder pads, you can add items for a little extra protection and cushion. T...
How are football helmets tested for safety?
Football helmets are tested by mounting a football helmet on a synthetic head model and dropping...
How do I prevent receivers from slowing down prior to the catch?
Many times speed development neglects to train the subtle nuances that occur on the field, like ...
What's better for football - the traditional squat or lunges?
First determine the goal of the exercise, that can help you decide. There are merits for both lifts ...