What can I do to improve my grip strength?

Some of the best grip training comes from the simplest applications.  You can add these exercises and modifications to your current training program to improve your ability to push and pull your opponents all over the field: 1.) Towel Pull-ups - Get two medium size bath towels and tie each one to a pull-up bar. Grab each one and perform your pull-ups. This will definitely bring an added demand to your pulling and grip training.  Subsequently, your reps might be less than when doing regular pull-ups, but the benefits for on-the-field performance will be tremendous; 2.) Plate Carries - Grab a plate in each hand (at least 25 pounds) and take a walk with them. You should shoot for a minute holding the plates while you walk around a cleared path in the weight room or field. Perform multiple sets and increase the holding time if capable - but above all, do not let your mind trick you into quitting before your grip has been thoroughly taxed.

Continue Learning about Football

How can I choose a safe football helmet?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...
What energy systems am I using when playing football?
The energy system demands of a football game as whole are aerobic for the most part. This is due...
What kind of face masks are used for different football positions?
Different positions in football have different kinds of football helmet face masks in order to p...
How do I know if a football helmet needs more air?
If the helmet is too loose on your head and there is room for twisting, you may need a smaller s...