What do athletic trainers say about tackling techniques in football?

The National Athletic Trainers’ Association position on tackling techniques is that coaches should teach correct tackling techniques. Good teaching should start with young players and continue at all levels of football.

(This answer provided for NATA by the University of Alabama Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Football

What stretches should I do after a football game to help recovery?
To promote optimal recovery right after practice, perform these three stretches of the muscles most ...
How should I choose football cleats?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The answer depends on the position you play, the type of surface played on, the amount of ankle ...
What kind of face masks are used for different football positions?
Different positions in football have different kinds of football helmet face masks in order to p...
What is the purpose of different face masks on football helmets?
Each position has a different type of face mask to balance protection and visibility. Overall, m...