Is there an exercise that closely resembles a football hit?

The depth jump to squat gets pretty close to simulating what your hips do when you strike an opponent out on the field. Regardless of position, you need to drop your hips suddenly and aggressively to get underneath your opponent's center of gravity and then just as suddenly, explode up to create an effective impact. Spend as little time on the ground as possible between dropping off the box and jumping back into the air. 

Continue Learning about Football

What is the proper way to tackle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Proper tackling techniques include making sure that the person tackling sees what he is tackling. Al...
What is most important if changing direction is the goal?
Quickening the feet prior to a sharp cut, juke, or aggressive change of direction is essential t...
How would sports performance training help me as a football player?
Anis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite TrainerAnis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite Trainer
A comprehensive integrated sports performance program will help you achieve high performance an...
How can I get bigger for football?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Eat more healthy calories than you burn on a daily basis and modify resistance program.Beginners Gra...