Is there an exercise that closely resembles a football hit?

The depth jump to squat gets pretty close to simulating what your hips do when you strike an opponent out on the field. Regardless of position, you need to drop your hips suddenly and aggressively to get underneath your opponent's center of gravity and then just as suddenly, explode up to create an effective impact. Spend as little time on the ground as possible between dropping off the box and jumping back into the air. 

Continue Learning about Football

I get a ton of stingers when I hit, any way to stop it from happening?
There may not be an exercise to avoid a stinger, however, having a strong neck may help reduce t...
Is lifting weights enough to prepare my body for playing football?
Lifting weights is a great start to preparing your body, however you should also add in cardio condi...
What drills incorporate multiple football skills?
Increasing your movement in all directions must be made a priority to excel in football. Drills ...
What do athletic trainers say about tackling techniques in football?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association position on tackling techniques is that coaches shou...