How would sports performance training help me as a football player?

A well designed sports performance training program will optimize the speed, agility and strength attributes that we each possess and slowly condition those attributes to fit the conditioning demands of the sport. Sport specific training for football demands a multifaceted approach, like any sport. And depending on position, performance training must match the physical and technical demands of the field. Speed and strength are premium abilities for football; any training program should address these components and look to elicit as much improvement as possible during the training process. Speed is comprised of movements in every direction as well as the ability to change directions efficiently. Strength for football is also crucial, especially strength that can be utilized very quickly and explosively. Football is extremely intense and requires stop and go action for an entire game - conditioning follows suit. Improving the speed, strength, and conditioning in an integrated program allows for the best opportunity to learn the appropriate skill and technical expertise necessary for success at any position. 

Football is a sport that demands a lot from your body. Sports performance would help you in many ways. Sports performance can/ should help an athlete improve in certain aspects of performance; speed, strength, power, agility. Remember most sports performance is not skills based, meaning that applying sports performance programs will not necessarily make you better at your position. A great performance program will make you faster, stronger, more powerful and more agile. I know I know, you might be saying, “ Well won’t that make me a better player?” In some aspects yes, but lets say you are a receiver, you have worked hard on gaining speed, getting a great push off the line, and making sure you are getting your self open. That is great but don’t forget, even if you beat your man, you still have to catch the ball, you still need to know the play, you still need to understand the defiance and be able to read it. What I am trying to say is that a great program can do amazing things for a player, but working on the skills that is needed for the sport is essential as well. 
A comprehensive integrated sports performance program will help you achieve high performance and reduce the risk of injury.
    Optimum flexibility, core, balance, power, speed, agility, quickness, strength and sports specific cardio-respiratory efficiency will enhance your football skills and help you perform your best during every game with a lower chance of getting injured.

Continue Learning about Football

How are football helmets tested for safety?
    National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
    Football helmets are tested by mounting a football helmet on a synthetic head model and dropping...
    How do I know if a football helmet needs more air?
    If the helmet is too loose on your head and there is room for twisting, you may need a smaller s...
    What's the test to truly assess speed on the football field?
    The 40 yard dash has usually been the standard in this field and is the test that has accumulate...
    What stretches should I do after a football game to help recovery?
    To promote optimal recovery right after practice, perform these three stretches of the muscles most ...