Should I run before I lift or vice versa?

True speed development training demands that you perform at optimal capacity - so you will definitely need to perform your max speed training workouts before you lift. This is especially crucial for the backs and skills players, and preferable for the linemen as well. For agility circuits, conditioning, playing skills, or match-ups/1on1s; it is acceptable to lift prior to speed training if the session is especially demanding that day or scheduling makes it convenient or necessary. You should always consider light running after heavy or extensively fatiguing lower body training.  All running or movement training after such lifting workouts should be of a slower tempo and reasonably short to moderate duration. 

Continue Learning about Football

What is the purpose of different face masks on football helmets?
What is the purpose of different face masks on football helmets? Each position has a different type ...
Why do some football players tape over their shoes?
Why do some football players tape over their shoes? Injury prevention is a key reason why athletes t...
Why is there a warning sticker on all football helmets?
Why is there a warning sticker on all football helmets? The NOCSAE has developed standards for footb...
How should I choose football cleats?
How should I choose football cleats? The answer depends on the position you play. Learn more from ou...