Is one agility test better than another?

A great recommendation is the 5-10-5 (yd) shuttle test. This test is very easy to teach, execute and time. Other tests are great and measure other unique components of agility, but become skill and learning intensive, rather than simply being an ability assessment. Regardless of the test, establishing the rules for testing is crucial. Many tests have a multitude of ways to cut corners and cheat. When the test is rather short in duration (4-7 seconds), the accumulation of minor infractions that go unnoticed can really skew results.

Continue Learning about Football

Why do some football players tape over their shoes?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Injury prevention is a key reason why athletes tape their feet and ankles, particularly in sport...
How can I get bigger for football?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Eat more healthy calories than you burn on a daily basis and modify resistance program.Beginners Gra...
Is there anything I can do to alleviate shoulder soreness from hitting?
Always check with a physician to ensure the shoulder soreness is not something more serious that may...
Which type of football shoulder pads should I choose?
There are two styles of football shoulder pads: cantilevered and noncantilevered. Cantilevered p...