Is one agility test better than another?

A great recommendation is the 5-10-5 (yd) shuttle test. This test is very easy to teach, execute and time. Other tests are great and measure other unique components of agility, but become skill and learning intensive, rather than simply being an ability assessment. Regardless of the test, establishing the rules for testing is crucial. Many tests have a multitude of ways to cut corners and cheat. When the test is rather short in duration (4-7 seconds), the accumulation of minor infractions that go unnoticed can really skew results.

Continue Learning about Football

How are football helmets tested for safety?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Football helmets are tested by mounting a football helmet on a synthetic head model and dropping...
Is there anything I can do to alleviate shoulder soreness from hitting?
Always check with a physician to ensure the shoulder soreness is not something more serious that may...
What are the safety standards for football helmets?
The National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) is responsible for...
How do I prevent receivers from slowing down prior to the catch?
Many times speed development neglects to train the subtle nuances that occur on the field, like ...