What's the best drill to measure the ability to fire off the ball?

In testing your ability to "fire off the ball," coaches are looking to measure explosive power without the aid of momentum. Running a timed sprint of 10 to 20 yards would be a great assessment to measure this type of attribute. It is essential to start from a completely still stance and begin the timer as soon as any part of your body flinches. This is the standard used while playing and is also the legitimate standard for the professional leagues when assessing players' ability in this area. This test can be replicated on multiple occasions throughout the year and is relatively safe compared to longer sprints.

Continue Learning about Football

I get a ton of stingers when I hit, any way to stop it from happening?
There may not be an exercise to avoid a stinger, however, having a strong neck may help reduce t...
What stretches should I do after a football game to help recovery?
To promote optimal recovery right after practice, perform these three stretches of the muscles most ...
How are football helmets tested for safety?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Football helmets are tested by mounting a football helmet on a synthetic head model and dropping...
Why do linemen wear knee braces in football?
Knee braces can be worn to protect against damage to the ligaments of the knee, or they can be w...