How can I train my offensive line to fire off the ball better?

First, emphasize stance. Athletes have to feel comfortable in a stance to generate maximum output. Use the squat to reinforce a straight back and teach players how to bend at the knees and hips correctly. Next, incorporate foam rolling of the calves and gastrocnemeus exercises to help linemen stay low by increasing their ankle range of motion. Plyometric exercises like bounding and lean, fall, sprint should help the athletes learn to accelerate using great posture and improved range of motion from the hip, knee, and ankle. Combine this with competitive line drills where the offensive line is asked to push the defensive line back 10-20 yards.

Continue Learning about Football

What type of shoes should football kickers wear?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Football kickers choose their shoes based on a variety of factors, including turf or grass surfa...
What should I consider before buying a football helmet?
Many factors should be considered before purchasing a helmet. All football helmets must pass NOC...
What's the best drill to measure the ability to fire off the ball?
In testing your ability to "fire off the ball," coaches are looking to measure explosive power witho...
What are some effective and safe stretches for the neck?
The levator neck stretch and the sternocleidomastoid neck stretch are essential to creating mobi...