How many football or position drills should I do throughout the off-season?

At the start of the off-season, you can give your position drills a rest.  Playing catch, firing off the ball from your playing stance, or working your hand techniques should be done sparingly throughout January and February. As March approaches, more football specific and position specific drills can be performed throughout the training week to prepare for spring practice or drills. Obviously, spring practice in April/May will have a heavy demand of football and position drills.  Make the most of this time and really sharpen your technique. After spring, there might be a chance to rest the football and position specific drills for 2 or 3 weeks. Focus more on general speed, agility, and quickness drills during this time to keep things fresh and work on the basics.  As the summer progresses, slowly start adding in your football drills again. This should get you primed and motivated to perform well in camp and the upcoming season.

Continue Learning about Football

What are good cues to teach the common athletic position?
Follow this checklist from toe to head to learn the key points to a great athletic stance that will ...
Which type of football shoulder pads should I choose?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are two styles of football shoulder pads: cantilevered and noncantilevered. Cantilevered p...
How can I choose a safe football helmet?
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...
How can I improve my receiving?
The first step is to receive a check up on our vision to see if we need any prescription assista...