How can I improve my ability to accelerate up field?

There are many drills that can assist in increasing your ability to accelerate up field. One good drill is resisted sprints. This drill helps to improve acceleration and maximal speed. This drill requires a resistance cord that will go around your waist as well as a partner to hold on to the cord. As you sprint forward, your partner is being towed behind you to apply backwards resistance. This will assist in forcing your body to recruit more muscle, faster which will translate to a game, when the body does not have the extra external force resisting movement.

Continue Learning about Football

What energy systems am I using when playing football?
The energy system demands of a football game as whole are aerobic for the most part. This is due...
Why do some football players tape over their shoes?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Injury prevention is a key reason why athletes tape their feet and ankles, particularly in sport...
I get a ton of stingers when I hit, any way to stop it from happening?
A football stinger occurs when the brachial plexus, which is located on the base of the neck, is...
How can I choose a safe football helmet?
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...