How can I improve my ability to accelerate up field?

There are many drills that can assist in increasing your ability to accelerate up field. One good drill is resisted sprints. This drill helps to improve acceleration and maximal speed. This drill requires a resistance cord that will go around your waist as well as a partner to hold on to the cord. As you sprint forward, your partner is being towed behind you to apply backwards resistance. This will assist in forcing your body to recruit more muscle, faster which will translate to a game, when the body does not have the extra external force resisting movement.

Continue Learning about Football

What are good cues to teach the common athletic position?
Follow this checklist from toe to head to learn the key points to a great athletic stance that will ...
How would sports performance training help me as a football player?
A well designed sports performance training program will optimize the speed, agility and strength at...
What is the purpose of different face masks on football helmets?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Each position has a different type of face mask to balance protection and visibility. Overall, m...
How can I choose a safe football helmet?
All football helmets on the market are approved by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Stand...