How can I improve my receiving?

The first step is to receive a check up on our vision to see if we need any prescription assistance. Nothing could be more frustrating than to train and not receive the benefits because your visual acuity is limited.  If your vision is not limited, a few drills using smaller balls like tennis balls can help increase your visual acuity and coordination.  Start by throwing one ball up over your head and across to the other side of your body, catching it with the opposite hand. As you improve, you can start catching the tennis ball with your finger tips.  Then transition to throwing the tennis balls off a sturdy wall and catching them one-handed.  Again, start just catching the ball at first and then progress to finger tip catches as you improve. These are very simple drills, but they are great for increasing concentration and focus, teaching your eyes to work with your brain. Furthermore, these drills help reinforce catching with your finger tips, which is the proper technique when catching a football.  Spend at least 10 minutes each day catching tennis balls like this - then bring your football back into play. You will see the larger ball much better and have more coordinated and conditioned finger tips.

Continue Learning about Football

Is lifting weights enough to prepare my body for playing football?
Lifting weights is a great start to preparing your body, however you should also add in cardio condi...
Why do some football players tape over their shoes?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Injury prevention is a key reason why athletes tape their feet and ankles, particularly in sport...
How can I get bigger for football?
Two ways to add some pounds to your frame are through weight lifting and consuming a proper diet. Wh...
What is the purpose of different face masks on football helmets?
Each position has a different type of face mask to balance protection and visibility. Overall, m...