Can I lift between practices during August?

If you choose to lift between sessions, you should train immediately after the first practice. This gives you time to recover prior to the PM practice and spend time performing some active recovery measures. A half hour, and no more than 45 minutes, is the recommended time limit incorporating a blend of flexibility, injury prevention, strength, and power exercises within the session. The workout should address the upper and lower body, but you should be careful to not over-train your legs. Limiting the working sets of leg exercises to 2 or 3 is prudent since you will be running and playing again in the next 2-3 hours. You can go a little heavier if the afternoon practice is less strenuous. Also, if you can arrange your schedule to lift after practice, that could open your volume and intensity up a little too - but keep your training session under an hour.

Continue Learning about Football

What is the proper way to tackle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Proper tackling techniques include making sure that the person tackling sees what he is tackling. Al...
How do I prevent receivers from slowing down prior to the catch?
Many times speed development neglects to train the subtle nuances that occur on the field, like ...
How can I get bigger for football?
Two ways to add some pounds to your frame are through weight lifting and consuming a proper diet. Wh...
What are good cues to teach the common athletic position?
Follow this checklist from toe to head to learn the key points to a great athletic stance that will ...