Are there any drills to help me keep my feet going after contact?

Speed ladder drills can help increase your foot speed. Master the 2-ins and the side shuffle. Keeping your eyes forward, peeking down when necessary - keep your feet as low to the ground as possible and aggressively fly through the ladder. What might further help quicken your feet is performing a broad jump or tuck jump right before doing one of the ladder drills. This will simulate the hip extension you should strive for when initiating contact and help you work on improving your foot speed.

Continue Learning about Football

What are the safety standards for football helmets?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) is responsible for...
What is most important if changing direction is the goal?
Quickening the feet prior to a sharp cut, juke, or aggressive change of direction is essential t...
What's better for football - the traditional squat or lunges?
First determine the goal of the exercise, that can help you decide. There are merits for both lifts ...
What type of shoes should football kickers wear?
Football kickers choose their shoes based on a variety of factors, including turf or grass surfa...