When should I consult a doctor about a foot blister?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
If you have a foot blister so large and painful that it interferes with walking, seek medical help. Also seek help if you notice that the fluid in the blister is not clear but looks more like pus, or if you develop a fever. These are signs of infection. If you have a blister that itches, or what appears to be a rash of blisters spreading across your foot, the problem may be athlete's foot or some other disorder. In any of these situations, consult your doctor or foot care specialist.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
What causes painful cracks in my heels?
Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is impor...
How do I practice good foot care?
Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check ...
The Ugly Truth About Gel Manicures, Pt 3