How do I manage my athlete's foot on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you have athlete's foot, you should treat it with medication. Many people begin with over-the-counter topical antifungal medications. If those do not help, or if your infection is severe, your doctor may prescribe strong topical or oral medication. You may have to use medications for several weeks; make sure to use everything as directed. Wear well-fitting socks and shoes, and wash and dry your feet well during treatment.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

What are Southey's tubes?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
English physician Reginald Southey, in the 19th century, introduced the use of small tubes to treat ...
How can I avoid fungal foot infection?
To avoid foot fungus, keep your toes dry and try to expose them to the sun. Many people who think th...
What is nail care?
Nail care, the maintenance of the fingernails and toenails, is important for health as well as cosme...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels