Which low-tech methods can I follow to treat foot odor?

The five-step, low-tech solution you can follow to fight foot odor is:
  1. Wash your feet well. Don’t just let the water trickle down them; bend over and really scrub them with soap.
  2. Rotate your shoes, so that they have time to fully dry between wearing.
  3. Wear cotton socks.
  4. Coat your feet with an antibacterial gel.
  5. Soak them in a warm bath with Epsom salts for 15 minutes nightly for a week to kill germs. After that, two to three soaks a week should keep them in check.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
How can I get a safe pedicure?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
A pedicure is a great way to pamper your feet, but be aware that state regulations and licensing...
What are foot ulcers?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A foot ulcer is a break in the skin of the foot. By definition, ulcers are breaks in a membrane. Foo...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?