What do I do if I get athlete's foot?

If you get athlete's foot you can treat it with over-the-counter (OTC) medications as well as prescription medicines. Medicines can be topical sprays, creams, or oral pills. It is important to keep the foot clean and dry while exposing the foot to air.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

How common are foot problems?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
All told, more than three out of four Americans will suffer some kind of foot ailment in their l...
What is nail care?
Nail care, the maintenance of the fingernails and toenails, is important for health as well as cosme...
What are affordable options for moisturizing my feet?
Joshua A. Zeichner, MDJoshua A. Zeichner, MD
The best moisturizers for the feet are products that tend to be a thicker in consistency than those ...
Sneak Peek: Are Gel Manicures Safe?
Sneak Peek: Are Gel Manicures Safe?