How should I take care of my feet as I get older?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
Just like the rest of your body, your feet change with age. The skin grows thinner and drier; the nails may become thicker or more brittle. You can't do much about these changes. But you can exercise or massage your feet to increase circulation. Pay attention to nutrition, too -- if nails are thick and yellow, it may indicate a health problem. Another good idea is to moisturize feet regularly.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
How do I practice good foot care?
Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check ...
How can I get a safe pedicure?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
A pedicure is a great way to pamper your feet, but be aware that state regulations and licensing...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels